Hi, this is Jason. I am a doctoral candidate in the Rhetoric and Scientific and Technical Communication program (I know, it’s a mouthful) at the University of Minnesota. Through the Department of Writing Studies, I teach composition, technical and professional communication, and advanced writing and rhetoric courses.
My research is focused on the overlapping areas of rhetoric, technology, and pedagogy. I have a particular interest in wearables and emerging technologies, which involve virtual and augmented realities. Recently, I have written articles on:
- How Google Glass affects technical communication practices
- How Google Glass enriches student peer reviews
- Cultural perception of the use and design of wearable technology
- Pedagogical and technological ethos in online instruction
- Wearable composing and new dimensions in writing pedagogy